8U-10U-12U House League
Winter 2020 House League Registration
Sundays 8:00 - 9:00 AM
Tuesdays 6:00 - 6:50 PM
Saturdays 7:40 - 8:40 AM
U of I Ice Arena
Starts January 5th
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Winter 2020 Practice Schedule:
- January 5th
- Sundays from 8:00-9:00 am
- Tuesdays from 6:00-6:55 pm
- Saturdays from 7:40 - 8:40 am
All practices at U of I Ice Arena
House League Hockey is for boys and girls 5-12 years old*. It is designed to build a skaters’ skill base, increase love for the game of hockey, and to begin game play. Those registering for House League hockey should have at least basic skating skills. Fall and winter sessions are offered.
- Cost - $300
- Equipment - Jersey included in registration cost. Skaters either provide all their own equipment or rent from CUYHA.
- Rentals include shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, pants, and shin guards.
- Helmet, skates, stick, and hockey socks (to go over shin guards) must be purchased separately.
- All rental equipment must be returned to CUYHA at the conclusion of the session or rented again for the next session ($40 additional fee).
- On Average, three times per week, with one practice devoted primarily to scrimmage games.
- For our 5- 8 year old players, 8U Hockey follows the guidelines of the American Developmental Model (ADM) that have been adopted by USA Hockey (www.admkids.com). For 8-and-under hockey programs, the Red, White and Blue Hockey initiative "promotes the integration of cross-ice practices and games into youth hockey", with a goal of "raising the level of creativity among players, increase player participation, and create a positive environment for kids to play, love and excel."
- 8U Cross-ice Jamborees
- These will involve cross-ice game play with other 8U players in CUYHA, along with 8U players from local youth organizations.
*The minimum age allowed for registration will be determined by the child’s age at the end of the session for which they want to register. For example, a child who turns 5 in December could sign up for the Fall hockey session.