Travel Team Information
Travel Teams are teams with more focused and regular practices who enjoy an enhanced team atmosphere and who test their skill development through game play against other youth hockey organizations. CUYHA is a member of the Northern Illinois Hockey League (NIHL) with league play against teams from Chicago and surrounding suburbs and the Central Illinois Hockey League (CIHL) with league play against teams from central Illinois. Our AA teams will compete in NIHL and our A teams, if formed, will compete in CIHL. CUYHA’s High School Team is a member of the Illinois Suburban Hockey League (ISHL) and Lincoln Land Hockey League (LLHL).
Approximately 75% of all travel games are League play, and 25% are scheduled by individual team managers to give skaters exposure to teams from other regions and tournament play.
- Season: September – March
- Practices: Typically 2 week nights/per week, with some weekend practices in the early part of the season (depending on ice availability)
- Games: Home games usually on Sunday mornings/Away games on Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Tournaments: Team Managers determine tournament scheduling, but most teams participate in at least 2 tournaments during the season. These involve multiple games over the course of a weekend.
- Fees: Fees for each season are determined by the CUYHA board and announced to the organization the during the summer before the season starts. Some additional costs (e.g., home and away jerseys, tournament fees, etc.) are also required.
- Information about fees for the current season can be found on the Registration page.
- Registration: Occurs in August of each year.
CUYHA travel teams
8U | 2011-2013 birth years
10U |2011-2012 birth years
12U | 2009-2010 birth years
14U | 2007-20098 birth years
16U-18U /High School | 2003-2006 birth years